Tuesday 17 February 2015

Kerry Washington Reveals her new Igbo name.



I don't Usually do this but when a Hollywood actress adopts the African style it is a big deal.
 
The "Scandal" actress Kerry Washington has revealed that she is now a Nigerian. She has an Igbo name to prove this, which was given to her by her mother-in-law. Her daughter Isabelle also has an Igbo name. See what she said  below....
Nnamdi’s parents are Nigerian immigrants. His father passed when he was young. When you marry into the Igbo culture, you get a new name. My name is Ogechi. I wear it on a necklace my mother-in-law gave me.” she said.
My daughter’s name is Isabelle Amarachi. Isabelle is my grandmother’s name. She was a bad-ass. She’d be scowling if she knew I called her that, but she was an immigrant from Jamaica who raised seven children alone in the Bronx. Isabelle’s middle name, Amarachi is Igbo for ‘God’s grace,” she said


Kerry Washington is married to the Nigerian-American NFL star, Nnamdi Asomugha and they have a daughter together.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! That's lovely, hope the union will last

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also asking if t will last too. congrats to them

      Delete

Do leave your comments in the comment section. Your views are important. Thanks