Wednesday 18 February 2015

WTF: Who Am I


Good morning all. How are you doing? In the church calendar today marks the beginning of the Lent season and for some of us today is Ash Wednesday. I Pray that God continue to give us grace to abound in him always.

Who Am I? am sure you have never really ask but it is okay. Are you the man made from dust as written in Gen 2:7 or the woman made from a man's rib in Gen2:22, either way you are right because we were created by God. After creation what is the content of the man. What is the content of the man you have become.
From time to time, I take out few hours to myself to ask myself who am I.  When I ask this question I take out the material possession, achievement and beauty. When these are taken out what remains, Nothing I suppose. But minus material things, minus achievement, minus beauty plus Christ Who are you? With Christ I am who I am. I am some body.

The possibility of everything is only in Christ. "Everything comes from you and of your own do we give you" this is a phrase most of us are familiar with. Everything we are is from God, so if we have God we have everything. Yes, we need all these beautiful things, I do need them too but what if you don't have them, does it change who you are?

Who am I? When you answer this question, your answer should be one of surrender and
completeness in Christ Jesus. Like I stated it is good to acquire all materials but it shouldn't define who we are.
King Solomon was one of the wealthiest men that ever-lived but he said vanity upon vanity is all we strive to acquire. In the later part of his life he understood that Christ is the Ultimate of who we are.
Who Am I?  Gen1:26-28 helps us understand that we are God's Image.  Who am I? Gods own, he holds me in his hands.
Who are You?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave your comments in the comment section. Your views are important. Thanks