Wednesday 31 December 2014

Is It Okay or Not Okay to be a Transgender?


Transgender
Source: Online
I read a very disturbing story about transgenders this morning on LIB(click to read) about a young boy who killed himself over his parents rejection of his transgender idea.

I am not a doctor but I am seriously concerned about this transgender issue. How is it even possible that somebody that is born a boy suddenly feels like she is a girl? I cannot comprehend how doctors have said all these are normal. So normal that they can actually kill themselves over it. It is very disturbing because I think that one day we are going to wake up to hear somebody saying they feel like a dog, cat or some other animal and we will be having "Transhuman-animals". I am not for or against their changes, am just saying there should be a way around these sudden changes among homo sapiens (humans).

In my deep thoughts I came up with two possible issues. Continue below to read....

Josh or Leela, the youngman who committed suicide.
Firstly, I believe that whoever we decide to be is from our minds, how we perceive our selves. If an individual thinks he is a girl he becomes that, they nurse the thought and it grows. The young man in LIB's story nursed his thought for 14years. Maybe he saw a girl who looked beautiful when he was 4, since then he said he would be a girl, just to live the life he has thought of. 
People of different sexes feel they feel they are the opposite sex so they can achieve somethings or be somethings. Sometimes like when I wish I am a guy so I can do somethings but i do not see how it translates to changing your sex because you "Feel" like it. Feelings can be wrong. This brings me to the second point, "Confidence" or "Low Self Esteem". The young man Josh or Leela never had confidence in himself, he was depressed, read the second to last paragraph to see. 
There is a lot of self esteem issue going around, people not being happy with the way they were created, acting like the maker made some mistake. People need to rebuild their confidence because it is broken, we need to look into the mirror and be proud of the man and woman we are. 

This young man was right about two things, one, it always gets better; two, this is no reason to kill himself/herself. And i think the society doesn't need fixing rather we humans need fixing.
Do you know that only one in 10,000 biological men change to women, and  one in 30,000 women change to men. For me it raises the issue, why are more men turning into women?
Is it Okay to be Transgender, Medically and Otherwise?

share Ya views

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave your comments in the comment section. Your views are important. Thanks