Saturday 25 October 2014

Word For Today - Gratitude

word for today, Gratitude
GRATITUDE PART 2

Few weeks ago, i embarked on the seven days Gratitude Challenge. When my friend asked that i joined the 7 days challenge on Facebook, a part of me took it seriously and the other part told me i had to just keep updating my Facebook status on Gratitude to keep the challenging going. But i was more troubled about one question, what will i be grateful for in the next 7 Days? It occurred to me that i am not being grateful enough for who i am and what i have. When the challenge started, every moment, every second became important.

The seven days taught me how to be grateful for everything, i mean everything excluding nothing. I appreciated feelings of joy, wholeness, love. The new gratitude i found helped me walk in confidence and it satisfied me. In those 7 days it wasn't all joy, i had painful periods too, but i wasn't miserable. in that sorrow, gratitude shed light of hope in keeping faith.
Gratitude is an attitude of gratefulness. Gratitude helps us accept changes not to avoid them. Gratitude is accepting both the big and small miracles.

I look at myself and i am grateful for the clothes, the shoes, the hair, soap, make up, food, shelter, my short hair you know because somebody out there wants it despite it is not the best.

If you think you don't have anything to be grateful for, i advise you look deeply. Start a challenge, 7 days or more, get a journal and write things you are grateful for each day and read them on the last day of your challenge.

I leave you with this, When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life for your strength.Give thanks for your food and for the Joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. by Tecumseh

To read Gratitude part 1 CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave your comments in the comment section. Your views are important. Thanks