Monday 18 May 2015

Blessing Okagbare Wins at the Diamond Season in Shanghai


Blessing Okagbare shines with a win at the Diamond League season Shanghai. Blessing Okagbare got her season underway with a win at the 2015 Shanghai Diamond League on Sunday.
Okagbare, who won the long jump and 200m events in Shanghai last year, arrived at a time of 10.98 seconds ahead a star-studded line-up that included Olympic champion, Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce, and other Jamaicans and Americans.

USA’s Tori Bowie came second after finishing with a personal best of 11.07 secs, Michelle-Lee Ahye of Trinidad and Tobago, who clocked 11.13 secs,was third, while Veronica Campbell-Brown was fourth with 11.22 secs and Fraser-Pryce finished fifth in 11.25secs.

On sunday marked the end for the Shanghai meet but the Diamond League series will resume on May 30 in Eugene, USA.

“My race was pretty good,” Okagbare said after the event. “It is not easy to compete with the best of the world – but I won. I focused on my start. Normally I don’t have the best start, but now I was leading from the beginning.”
Fraser-Pryce was not overly concerned with her 11.25 opener.

It was one of those races,” she said. “I have time to get it right.”


Blessing always make women proud. We love you girl!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave your comments in the comment section. Your views are important. Thanks