Friday 24 April 2015

My Life is in danger -Abia REC Cries Out

Resident Electoral Commissioner in charge of Abia State, Professor Selina Oko
The Resident Electoral Commissioner in charge of Abia State, Professor Selina Oko, in an interview with Punch newspaper spoke about the Abia Elections and the threat to her Life. Read the Excerpt from the Interview below...

The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, alleged that his All Progressive Grand Alliance counterpart, Dr. Allex Otti, induced you with a whopping N300 million?Tell him to produce evidence. Since he even knows the amount, it means he has evidence. So, let him produce it. And he should know that when you know of a crime and you don’t report it you are also committing a crime. He is committing a crime for not reporting it to the police. He is supposed to report to the police and not to level wild allegation in the media. He is supposed to report it to law enforcement officers and he has not done so. So he is committing a crime.

But has any politician or political party at all attempted to bribe you?
How can you ask me that type of question? You know politicians and when I answer, they will say tell us the person. Please, don’t ask me that type of question.

Continue after the cut......
What is your message to voters in the areas where this exercise will hold?My appeal to voters and ‘Abians’ in general is to allow the electoral process go on according to the electoral law.

Are you under any threat from any quarters?Yes, I have been getting calls threatening my life. I have been getting text messages about how they will shoot me through the window of my car.

Have you reported the threats to the security agencies?
Yes, I have. I told them that my life is being threatened.

After this time, if you are asked to do INEC job again would you be willing to do it or would you like to return to the classroom from where you came?

(Laughs) Let me finish this one first before I will know whether I would do it again or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave your comments in the comment section. Your views are important. Thanks